Back to main page » Competent Maritime Professionals and Sea Staff Training Center Inc. (COMPASS)
view google map
Phone: 536 - 2368/ 353-5487/ 528-1035/ 450-0138 Fax: Mobile:
Website: http://www.compass.ph Company Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook: Twitter: LinkedIn:
COMPASS was established in the year 2009 with a mission of proving quality training programs to the maritime industry through the development and delivery of industry-specific, competence-based training and assessment programs.
COMPASS Training Center Inc. is a wholly owned Filipino corporation operating under Philippine Laws. Its was a collective initiative of maritime professionals and practitioners who envisioned a training center that continues to develop and delivers sustainable and value adding training programs for the maritime industry. Guided by that mission, COMPASS ensures a future prospect that merchant vessels around the world are manned with competent and dedicated merchant marine professionals and sea staff thus achieving a vision of a safer and sustainable sea transport.
COMPASS portfolio of courses caters to the broad spectrum of sea faring professionals from sea staff to junior and senior officer level working on board on all types of vessels including LNG/LPG Carriers, Dry/Bulk Cargo Vessels, and Container and Offshore vessels. The programs and teaching methodologies set it apart from the rest, as the company engages active seafarers on its roster of lecturers and collect their fresh experience from various types of vessels into specific learning objectives and training scenarios.
Accrediations and Certifications
COMPASS reflective of its commitment to ensure proper management and highest quality of services has achieved certification for ISO 9001:2008 QMS Requirements and Maritime Training Center Standards from renowned risk management firm Det Norske Veritas (DNV) Singapore. DNV took recognition of COMPASS various initiatives including the establishment of COMPASS electronic process system which enables the organization to ensure proper utilization of training materials, efficiency in enrollment process as well other basic training processes. Aside from DNV, COMPASS Training Center Inc. take pride for having been accredited by the Maritime Training Council for STCW related training courses. The Maritime Resources Management (MRM) training course is similarly compliant to the standards of training from The Swedish Club Academy and recognizing COMPASS Training Center Inc. as an MRM course global provider.
COMPASS Training Center Inc. in its continuing commitment to provide internationally acclaimed training programs now offers the INTERTANKO-TOTS simulator training and verification courses. Under the strict audit and evaluation conducted by DNV, COMPASS Training Center Inc. has become the first training center in the Asia-Pacific region to be awarded recognition as an INTERTANKO-TOTS provider.
INTERTANKO- TOTS COURSES
- TOTS 4A - TANKER OFFICER TRAINING STANDARDS FOR CHEMICAL TANKER TRAINING COURSE.
- TOTS 4B - TANKER OFFICER TRAINING STANDARDS FOR CHEMICAL TANKER VERIFICATION COURSE.
- TOTS 4C - TANKER OFFICER TRAINING STANDARDS FOR PRODUCT TANKER TRAINING COURSE.
- TOTS 4D - TANKER OFFICER TRAINING STANDARDS FOR PRODUCT TANKER VERIFICATION COURSE.
- TOT 4E - TANKER OFFICER TRAINING STANDARDS FOR OIL TANKER TRAINING COURSE.
- TOTS 4F - TANKER OFFICER TRAINING STANDARDS FOR OIL TANKER VERIFICATION COURSE.
STCW (MTC Accredited) Courses
- CARGO HANDLING AND CARE OF CARGO
- DANGEROUS HAZARDOUS AND HARMFUL CARGOES
- ENGINE ROOM SIMULATOR W/ ENGINE RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- CONSOLIDATED MARPOL I TO VI
- MEDICAL CARE
- MEDICAL EMERGENCY AND FIRST AID
- OPERATIONAL USE OF ELECTRONIC CHART DISPLAY AND INFORMATION SYSTEM
- PREVENTION OF ALCOHOL AND DRUG ABUSE IN MARITIME SECTOR
- RADAR NAVIGATION, RADAR PLOTTING, & USE OF ARPA
- RADAR SIMULATOR COURSE
- RATINGS FORMING PART OF ENGINEERING WATCH
- RATINGS FORMING PART OF NAVIGATIONAL WATCH
- SHIP SECURITY OFFICER COURSE
- SHIP SIMULATOR AND BRIDGE TEAM W/ BRIDGE RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- SHORE BASED FIRE FIGHTING
- SPECIALIZED TRAINING FOR CHEMICAL TANKERS
- SPECIALIZED TRAINING FOR OIL TANKERS
- SPECIALIZED TRAINING FOR LIQUEFIED GAS TANKERS
IN HOUSE COURSES
- ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION
- BRIDGE RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- BRIDGE TEAM MANAGEMENT
- CARGO HANDLING SIMULATOR TRAINING COURSE FOR CHEMICAL TANKER
- CARGO HANDLING SIMULATOR TRAINING COURSE FOR OIL TANKER
- CARGO HANDLING SIMULATOR TRAINING COURSE FOR PRODUCT TANKER
- CHART CORRECTION
- COLLISION AVOIDANCE
- CRUDE OIL WASHING/INERT GAS SYSTEM
- DANISH MECA
- ENGINE RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- ENGINE TEAM MANAGEMENT
- HAZMAT WITH CODE OF FEDERAL REGULATION
- INTERNATIONAL SAFETY MANAGEMENT CODE
- MARINE RISK ASSESMENT
- PASSAGE PLANNING WITH CHART AND PUBLICATION CORRECTION
- SHIPBOARD SAFETY OFFICER'S COURSE
- SHIPHANDLING AND MANUEVERING COURSE
- SHIP SECURITY AWARENESS
- STEERING COURSE
- MARITIME RESOURCE MANAGEMENT (THE SWEDISH CLUB ACADEMY)
- LIQUEFIED NATURAL GAS (LNG) TANKER FAMILIARIZATION
- BASIC ARC WELDING
- GAS WELDING, CUTTING AND BRAZING
- METAL INERT GAS (MIG) AND METAL ACTIVE GAS (MAG)
- TUNGSTEN INERT GAS WELDING
- UPGRADING COURSE FOR SHIP'S FITTER COURSE
- ISF MARLINS ENGLISH LANGUAGE TEST FOR SEAFARERS
- MARLINS ENGLISH LANGUAGE TEST FOR CRUISE SHIP STAFF
- MARLINS ENGLISH LANGUAGE TEST FOR OFFSHORE STAFF
Categories: Maritime Training Centres, ,