The wonder of water: A photo challenge
Servizio fotografico (Roma, 1962) / Paolo Monti (Italian, 1908–1982)
Creative Commons (CC BY-SA 4.0) licence. Click on photo for a larger view
I am inviting all and sundry to submit their best photos for an upcoming Marine Café Blog feature about of water. It is my hope that the selected pictures will remind everyone of the immense importance of this natural resource to a world threatened by global warming.
Guidelines for participating photographers
1) The photos should focus on the theme ‘The Wonder of Water’. The subject can be a fountain as in Paolo Monti’s above photograph, a landscape showing a natural body of water, or even a simple glass of water—anything suggesting the beauty of water and its life-sustaining value.
2) All photos submitted should be at least 1280 pixels in width. Titles or captions are optional.
3) You may submit a maximum of three (3) photos by email (email@example.com) or on Facebook by PM or as comments to my posted announcements. DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: 5th of June 2023, 10:00 PM GMT
4) Photos will be chosen according to the following criteria:
c/ handling of light
e/ overall impact
5) All photos published with the upcoming feature will remain the property of their authors. This will be indicated by a copyright symbol before the photographer’s name.